Thursday 23 February 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful

As my recent posts have suggested by all their doom and gloom, I have been finding things tough going recently. I always make mention of R2BC as it always makes me see the positives but I have to admit there have been a few weeks I have shied away from even trying to think of those. This week though, I am on an up and I hope it lasts so my reasons:

  1. I have had some fantastic and am still getting fantastic support on here,  so thank you.
  2. The sun has been shining today
  3. I am completing a last bit of work tonight after which things may calm down a little (even if I suspect I am going to have to pull a bit of an all nighter to get it done)
  4. I am having lunch tomorrow with a friend I have known since I was 3
  5. The said friend above welcomed me back to my home town 18 months ago, and invited me to a night round at a friends of hers to introduce me to a group of other mum's from the school. Last week I was text by one of these mum's to ask if I was up for a girly night at hers, when I text my old friend to ask if she was going she had only just heard about it, which gave me a real confidence boost - I was invited as me, not as her friend.
  6. t'hubby and I took a trip down memory lane over half term and took the boys to Liverpool which is where we met at University. we revisited all our old houses, old bars, even the student union and yes we did wonder in and have a good look around! We trod the same paths we had as student recalling lots of good times and it has done us both wonders, it really reminded us of good times, and of us.
  7. I took the bull by the horn and went to the doctors about how I have been feeling. I am not entirely sure it is the right outcome yet but I am willing to go with it for now
  8. I love my boys to the moon and back - I look at them and realise infact I am the luckiest person alive
Now pop over and include your own reasons to be cheerful x

2 comments:

MsXpat said...

Great reasons to be cheerful there. Good friends are a blessing. The philosoper Kahlil Gibran said something to the effect, that our friends are our prayers answered :0)

Nicole Short said...

Loved rreading this thanks