Thursday 23 February 2012

Dolly Donations

This is a very quick post. I have just seen this on my facebook page called Dolly Donations. it is a drive to make Dolls for children who have nothing and to get them sent to places like Africa, Brazil and to give the children something to love, something to keep as their own. The lady running this has provided a free pattern and explains all about it and I think it is a fantastic idea. Her aim is to provide 200 dolls but if you think about as many people as possible making just one doll, it could run into the thousands and sadly their are 1000's of these children in need.

I would like to get involved, I know for me time is an issue but perhaps making something like this would be good for relaxation. I am going to find out if there is a local dolly drive near me and see if I can get involved.

Can you help too?

3 comments:

Polly said...

I would like to do this. I'm going to have a look at the page now. Thanks for this.

Sarah @ Dolly Donations said...

Thanks so much :) Do send me any photos of your finished dollies :) Happy Sewing, Sarah
Dolly Donations: Sending Love, 1 Dolly at a Time!

Home Generator Bridgeport said...

Thanks for wrriting