Tuesday 13 December 2011

An ode to the rats

There's a rat in my dustbin, dear husband, dead husband
There's a rat in my dustbin, dear husband, a rat

To work I will go, dear wifey, dear wifey
To work I will go, dear wifey, I'm late

It's only seven thirty, dear hubby. dear hubby
It's only seven thirty, dear hubby, you're scared

Help please, come quick dear Daddy, dear Daddy
Help please, come quick dear Daddy, come quick

Make it quick, please, dear Daddy, dear Daddy
Make it quick please, dear Daddy, nice and quick

Let that be a warning, ratty friends, ratty friends
Let that be a warning, ratty friends, a warning!

meme2

 
7.30 am I am out in the garden in slippers and dressing gown and lift the bin liner from the dustbin to put out for collection and realise there is something moving in the bottom of the bin, then it starts jumping. Worst though was it was still dark so I couldn't quite see. I slammed the lid on the bin and ran inside telling t'husband I thought there was a rat. Being such a man, he legged it to work!

However, Dad to the rescue, and yes it was a rat, I've seen bigger at the stables but this was big enough especially as it was right outside my backdoor. I am now petrified we have a nest somewhere, that they are climbing my drainpipes and setting up home in the loft and coming up through the downstairs loo.

We have loads of garden branches etc behind the gates which we need to take to the tip, Dad recons they could nest in there or the greenhouse or the compost bin. We have a field behind the house so it could of come looking for food off there but I am not happy now!

The council will come and check for a nest then charge us £70.00 to get rid of them. I think we should just pay it! 

I am linking up to Here Comes the Girl's with this post as it has really thrown my day and my really bad headache is doing nothing to make my day improve!

1 comment:

1978rebecca said...

Oh dear - that's a bad start to the day. I love your poem and the fact hubby scarpered to work.
Dads are the best though aren't they? I pranged the car this weekend and mine took the day off and drive me to the replacement car office and paid the deposit. Don't know how he'd have coped with a rat though.

Hope you're rat problem is sorted out.

A big mug of tea and lots of choccie biscuits for you!