Thursday 27 October 2011

Finding your groove or is that losing it?

This is meant to be a post for part of Kate on Thin Ice finding your groove Tuesday and yes I know I am late but hey Thursday starts with a T as well.

Before I launch into my wails, Kate has asked we sum up what Grooving mums has meant to us - well I think it is a fab idea, it brings together women who are all feeling the same but perhaps don;t want to admit it out loud to those around them, and it makes us think alot more about us, the real people we are and not just us as a mum, makes us realise we are important. Today I feel as if it is one of the things that makes me realise I need to keep going, to keep that determination not to be beaten down and let things get the better of me.

This week I have the expression 'and the walls came tumbling down' whizzing round my head.

I will warn you now, I am not in a good place so this post is full of self pity so read no further if you wish.

I think I was doing really well with finding my groove, and more importantly some of that old confidence, but isn't it funny how one event can destroy all the good work that you have done in one fell swoop.

I have plunged, and fallen backwards, I no longer feel my groove and I think it is going to take a long time to recover it. It has run off and hidden in some crevice or hole somewhere unknown to me.

I don't want to feel like this but events occur and events mess with your head and events leave you beaten.

I am feeling well and truly sorry for myself, shattered physically and mentally. 2 big packs of pringles in 2 days, biscuits and flapjacks for staple food yesterday is not good. I stopped eating pringles months ago when a friend told me there was so much fat in pringles, they don't even burn and it is true, they don't. But sod that thought when I want comfort food.

Perhaps because of this it is even more important that I do find my groove, that I do find that time for me, do the little things that count - only right now I don't feel like it. Give it a week and few nights good sleep and maybe I will begin clawing my way back, I know deep down I have to.

5 comments:

Mummy Plum said...

Here you are...*offers pringles*...glass of wine? cup of tea? Sometimes comfort food is what is needed. I'm sorry that you're feeling low and having a bad week. I hope you feel brighter soon. x

Mums-the-word said...

The grooving mums thing is meant to help not hinder. We all have times when we are not groovy and let's face it if we were we would be well and truly subversive and dangerous lol. Tonight after 2 visits to 2 adult stepchildren, I feel exhausted and a bit emotionally overwrought. These things take their toll but mean we are connected to other which has to be a good thing. I don't want to lose you and grooving mums can adapt to the needs of the mums taking part. Maybe I should encourage us all to write our woes once a month or summat. To be real about real life sort of thing as well as the buying fancy pants type stuff. Sending hugs your way. I still think you are fab and part of that is being human too. Take care and don't you go disappearing on me

mammasaver said...

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you've had such a tough time.

I quite agree - sometimes you need to break out the big guns (pringles, tea, biscuits, the whole nine yards) to help you along.

The groove can be glorious but fickle - I think we have to enjoy it when it's here, and know it'll come back with a little TLC.

Sounds like you've had one heck of a week - I hope you feel better really soon.

Gwin said...

Hey, sorry to hear you have been feeling rubbish of late but life is full of ups & downs & the ups wouldn't feel so good if we didn't have those Pringle-munching times of crapness but it sounds as though you've been doing really well recently so I'm sure it'll all come back around again. It's okay to feel rubbish, you clearly want to get back on track & that is the biggest thing :) keep strong my dear & don't let those naughty Pringles keep you down! X

Lizbethcole29 said...

OK chickie---its totally OK to fall off the wagon and take a swan dive into the pringles (or in my case the Halloween candy). Sometimes it gets to hard to do it all and eat salad all the time too. Cut yourself some slack and try again tomorrow, promise??? I'll do it if you will.