Monday 23 May 2011

This is what its all about

Right now I am feeling like the luckiest person in the world.  This is only a quick post as we need to get out to nursery, but I normally work on a Monday, I have it as one of my office days and my mum and dad look after Mini Man until they drop him at nursery at 12.15. Today Dad had loads of work on and I know Mini Man does not give him a moments peace so I have been trying to work round him with him here with me.

I set up my stuff at the breakfast bar today so as to be downstairs with him, and for the last hour he has been laid on the kitchen floor brumming his cars up and down, crashing them and basically making lovely, boy game noises but not disturbing me. 

I have just looked up from the work and been sat watching him, and listening and it has made me realise that I am a very, very lucky person to be able to be classed as a working parent and also have my kids here with me.  This is the perfect office

PS. I am under no illusions that this is a bit of a one off, as they both normally do nothing but demand my attention if I try and work when they are here, but for now I am going to savour this rare occasion!

No comments: